Learning Design Lead
Are you an experienced instructional designer adept at building leadership development programs? Want to use your talent to hand-craft learning solutions that support building the next generation of leaders? Then lean into this opportunity and apply today.
At A Glance:
Manage leadership development design projects through all phases and milestones including analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation. Oversee content development and program delivery teams.
Leadership Development Solution Design
- Discovery and Design
- Conduct discovery activities, interviews and diagnostics to determine the desired business and learning outcomes and existing performance gaps
- Projects include:
- New learning products
- Elevating existing product impact
- Customizing our existing products to meet client needs
- Develop learning architecture, and instructional design.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, and target audience to gather information needed to conduct needs assessment of the learning and development content.
- Solicit insights from subject-matter experts by asking targeted and meaningful questions to fully explore and understand the desired performance, synthesize the information collected, and appropriately incorporate SME feedback into the learning design.
- Determine the most effective learning approaches, techniques, and technologies to efficiently achieve the learning objectives and desired performance outcomes, focussing on high impact experiences, as well as to measure behavioral impact.
- Develop all program assets and materials including slides, facilitation guides, learner workbooks, job aids, program overviews, participant guides, etc.
- Project Manage:
- Project manage the development of world-class in person and virtual experiences that change organizations and the people who work in them
- Oversee multiple projects and strategic prioritization.
- Manage the design effective training solutions within project budgets, project manage the development team, and ensure the overall project quality and success.
- Coordinate effectively with graphic designers, project managers, and fulfillment teams.
- Grow knowledge of engagement economics to ensure accurate scope, margin, and profitability of work.
- Report project updates; sharing program design/development progress; and gaining necessary alignment / approval.
- Solicit and Incorporate Feedback:
- Solicit and incorporate feedback from a variety of stakeholders (clients, facilitators, executives, and ThinkHuman team members) to enhance design, impact.
- Facilitate Project kickoffs and subsequent milestone meetings with Business Sponsors and appropriately engaging other Resources,
- Establish measurement and monitoring plans to ensure effective implementation of all new programs through targeted curriculum mapping and metrics captures.
- Liaise with clients and delivery teams to ensure high quality work that meets or exceeds expectations for timeliness, completeness, and accuracy
- Evaluate the impact of solutions and continuously improve them
Contribute to Solution Community
- Identify opportunities to expand work within existing accounts.
- Incorporate current and relevant research from behavioral sciences in your work
- Research and share new methodologies and technologies for continuous improvement and innovation
- Project manage content project portfolio and priorities
- Scope management & oversight
- Represent content & facilitation in Sales meetings
- A self-starter, able, and interested in operating independently without a lot of oversight. You have a deep sense of ownership, an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Display original thinking and creativity and excel at meeting challenges with resourcefulness and innovative ideas. You’re naturally positive, and resourceful- where others see problems, you see solutions and jump at the opportunity to solve them. You’re curious about people, psychology, business, and the world in general
- A passion for creating high impact facilitation experiences. Someone who can pass on their passion and curiosity to our internal team and clients.
- You’re energized by the opportunity to collaborate and seek out strong partnerships. Service-oriented inspired to create great service for our clients, facilitators, and internal teams. Gets energy from the idea of helping people. An articulate and influential relationship builder who understands the organizational environment.
- Enjoy working with teams in a fast-paced, energetic environment.
- You possess the unique balance of problem-solving, project management, subject matter expertise combined with empathy, passion, and leadership, a resilient ability to adapt to change. .
- 5 years of experience in instructional design, learning, and development or a related field
Skills and Experience
- Solid understanding of instructional design and performance improvement and experience with leadership development. Understanding of evolving industry standards related to instructional design, learning and development, and Learning practices.
- Demonstrated ability to write performance outcomes, learning objectives and evaluation measures
- This role requires strong project management and client service capabilities.
- Previous management experience
- Facilitation and/or coaching experience is preferred
- Experience and interest in working with technology platforms and products preferred